Leadership words are those words capable of inspiring, encouraging, or supporting one to attain great feats. Leadership words can be found all around us. For example, as I compile this post I am staring at an educational quote for leaders.
“What I like most about my classroom is whom I share it with.”
These leadership words remind me of some valuable lessons around this topic.
- Every situation is what you make it, good or bad.
- Small leadership words can make a big difference. In this case, the word my resonates with me concerning accountability.
- Life is rewarding when you surround yourself with people whom you share a common purpose.
I also remind myself about the leadership string. If you push a string that laid out across a table, the ends will eventually curl up and form a jumbled mess. However, if the same string is pulled across the table with one end, everything will follow in an orderly manner.
11 Leadership Words and Quotes to Move You Forward
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”William Arthur Ward
- “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.”Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”George Patton
- “Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another.”John C. Maxwell
- “A leader…is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”Nelson Mandela
- “We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.”Whoopi Goldberg
- “Wisdom equals knowledge plus courage. You have to not only know what to do and when to do it, but you have to also be brave enough to follow through.”Jarod Kintz
- “Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own”Orrin Woodward
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “When eagles are silent, parrots begin to chatter.”Winston Churchill
- “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.”Max Lucado