One of the reasons for reading leadership quotes from the bible is to find inspiration. As a leader, you can utilize phrases from the bible to motivate your followers and yourself.
This post is for individuals who may not have much familiarity with the bible as the organization of verses occurs by book. Furthermore, to search through the quotes even faster you can look for the chapter and verse. Some of the more popular verses are listed. By organizing this post about leadership quotes from the bible in this manner, it will help you find what you are looking easier.
The next section lists important lessons that can be learned from reading leadership quotes from the bible. Many of these verses allow for multiple interpretations. By listing key takeaways at the end you are free to discover, what each verse means to you.
So I took the chief of your tribes, wise men, and known, and made them heads over you, captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, and captains over fifties, and captains over tens, and officers among your tribes. – Deuteronomy 1:15
And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary. – Galatians 6:9
And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” –Genesis 1:28
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. –James 3:1
Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. – Luke 6:31
It is not so among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant. – Matthew 20:26
Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves. – Philippians 2:3
Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. –Proverbs 4:23
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. – Proverbs 16:9
Related to Leadership: Those who heed the lord’s calling will achieve greatness. The road may not be easy but the lord will ensure that you have everything you need when the time is right.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28
For if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church? – 1 Timothy 3:5
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. – 2 Timothy 2:15
No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. – 2 Timothy 2:24
What can You Learn by Reading Leadership Quotes from the Bible?
- Leaders come to the forefront and acquire this position by experience from either practice or education. Wherever a group is found, a leader will be found to help guide these individuals.
- Repetitive work is physically and emotionally draining. It is difficult to motivate anyone along with yourself when you are doing the same thing day in day out. Those who are able to keep moving and find joy in regular duties will reap the rewards of their labor.
- Find a mission, layout your vision statement, and engage with you followers to spread the message. You will find that when your followers can understand the mission and engage with it your message has an opportunity to multiply and bear fruit.
- The role of a leader is not an easy one. As a leader, you are always in the spotlight and your followers are always watching your actions along with what you say.
- The golden rule will always remain important. Therefore, you have to remember to treat others better than you treat yourself. As a result, you will find that people will want to repay the favor.
- Without your followers, you cease to be a leader except to yourself. Followers want to believe that you are listening and being attentive to their needs. Being attentive to others needs means you are not selfish and showing the necessary humility to interact with others no matter their level.
- Leaders are not self-absorbed but aware of their environment and those they choose to interact with in this environment. This is a challenge in our fast-paced high tech world. There are times when we need to clear our minds and listen. One method for clearing our minds consists of prayer or meditation. With regular practice, you will find that you get better at this practice and can arrive at this state of clarity quicker.
- Leaders need to listen to their hearts and convey their passion to excite those they lead. This transparency is a critical element of finding success and encouraging followers to act.
- When we trust in God, we can reach out potential. There is a world of distractions. For this reason, we need to listen to the word of God and believe that he will deliver and help us arrive at out calling. The knock on our door may not be loud and entirely clear. Thus, as God did on the seventh day, we need to rest.
- As a leader, we must manage and care for ourselves first. Only after taking care of our needs can we properly care for others. An analogy that comes to mind is the notion proper emergency flight procedures. You must place the breathing apparatus on yourself before turning to the next person and provide aide.
- As leaders, many eyes are watching us. When you do the right thing, there is nothing to be ashamed whether it is out actions or words. Transparency and listening to our guiding vision and mission will bring us closer to our goals. This level of visibility and honest dealings will build support from our followers.
- The devil is always knocking on our door. We need to avoid drifting particularly when times are challenging. We must stay the course be remaining focused and skip the unnecessary entanglements that lead us to drift.
The reason that you should read leadership quotes from the bible is that they give you a place to start. You can use these as a reflection point. You can also find motivation and inspiration from reading and applying the lessons that can be found in the bible. Leave a comment leaving your interpretation of one of these bible verses.