17 Supportive, Motivational, and Inspirational Quotes for Kids
Having worked with children in different capacities I can attest to the significance of encouraging children. Children are susceptible to experiencing self-doubt. Using inspirational quotes for kids can support and reassure children.
Inspirational quotes for kids can serve as tuning forks. Using the following quotes at the appropriate time can be motivational and serve as the spark to promote action. These inspirational quips help to shift their perception and point them in a positive direction.
Inspirational Quotes for Kids
- “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why we call it ‘The Present’.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
This is a wonderful quote if you are wanting to encourage children to live in the moment. This statement speaks volumes about taking action today. It is important to not spend too much time reflecting on the past because you cannot change it. What you anticipate in the future may not come.
- [Tweet ““Not only must we be good, but we must also be good for something.” – Henry David Thoreau”]
The act of doing generally good deeds is important. However, when you focus your energy and get good at something and put that energy toward something specific you create value.
- “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” – Edward Everett Hale
There is power in one person taking action. All movements originally begin with the actions of one person and snowballs from this point. It is understandable that you may not excel at everything you do. This does not give you the right to not put your best effort forward.
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” – Dr. Seuss
This sentiment speaks to the ability to make individual decisions. It is important to recognize that what is best for you may not be the best for someone else. You have the opportunity to decide what you value and take action to contribute in those areas.
- [Tweet ““Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Dr. Seuss”]
It is important to explore life and discover your interests. It is alright to feel different and unique when you are being true to yourself. When you are true to yourself and transparent you will have a lasting impression on those around you.
- “It is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” – George Burns
You should be encouraged to try new things. You may discover that you are initially bad at that one thing. Remember, people generally start off bad at something. These people persevere and recognize that over the course of time they start to excel. Do something you enjoy in life and devote your energy to improving in that area.
- “I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.” – Natalie Portman
As a substitute teacher, I can attest to the idea that students don’t want to study in the least. There is a greater interest toward playing games on mobile devices or watching YouTube. Part of the problem is that there is a disconnect that occurs between the course material and the relevance and application of the lesson.
- [Tweet ““Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.””]
Many inspirational quotes for kids address the core idea of persistence. One of the greatest problems that set students back is that they quit to early. Perhaps the second greatest problem is that they have trouble beginning.
- [Tweet ““Take every CHANCE you get in LIFE, because some things only happens ONCE.””]
This line to me means that you need to try and live in the moment. Life rushes by too quickly and if you blink you may miss something. When you are young it is important to dare to live, try new things, and test your boundaries.
- [Tweet ““Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.”- Henry Ford”]
One of the greatest manners to obtain lofty goals is by breaking it down into smaller components. These bite sized chunks allow you to focus on tangible tasks that can propel you to greater heights.
- [Tweet ““Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.”- Sophia Loren”]
Mistakes are bound to occur in route to achieving great feats. Attempt to minimize your faults but understand that you will make mistakes over time. Man is not infallible. When you make a mistake it is important to own your mistake and try to learn from your errors.
- [Tweet ““You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”- Mahatma Gandhi”]
If you are hoping for change than must examine yourself first. If you don’t like something take action to make things happen. You vote with your feet. You have no right to complain if you fail to offer a solution.
- [Tweet ““It always seems impossible until it is done.”- Nelson Mandela”]
Everything appears impossible before the first time something is accomplished. You should recognize that challenges are gifts to man. When someone says something is impossible use this as motivation and try to prove them wrong.
- “Choose your friends with caution, plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith.”- Thomas S. Monson
You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with in your life. If you don’t like something about yourself, begin by examining those people around you. Look to surround yourself with people who possess the qualities you seek.
- [Tweet ““We all can dance when we find music we love.” – Giles Andreae”]
If you are going to dance, you must learn the beat first. Some music will inspire you while others you may detest. Find what puts pep in your step and play the song all day long in your head.
- [Tweet ““Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”- Theodore Roosevelt”]
There are times when you may lack vital resources. Seek alternatives and use what is at your disposal. Creativity and innovation may ensue when you are forced to think outside the box.
- [Tweet ““No one is perfect- that’s why pencils have erasers.” -Wolfgang Riebe”]
Perfectionism is a goal of the gods. It seems you can always find something you wish you could have done differently or better. The important lesson is to try, making changes as necessary along the way.
I hope that you take these inspirational quotes for kids and share them with young people you encounter.